Aim: To provide a voice and encourage the participation of junior members of the AMS
Activities of the Junior Committee may involve the following:
1. To consider ways in which the AMS can further reach out to and engage junior members of the AMS
2. To encourage junior members to join the AMS.
3. To encourage the greater participation of junior members in the Society.
4. To help promote the AMS on social media
5. To advise the Executive Committee on ways in which the Society can help junior members in their careers, and training.
6. To consider ways in which the AMS can help more junior members get involved in research
7. To encourage junior members to submit posters and papers to the Scientific Session of the Annual Scientific Meeting and apply for the “AMS Best Paper Award”.
In line with other AMS committees:
º The Junior Committee will comprise 4-5 members with more than two members from a single country. All members should be less than 40 years of age.
º The Chairman of the Junior Committee will be responsible for overseeing the work of the Committee as well as inviting members to join the Committee.
º The Junior Committee will report to the AMS Executive Committee each year for the work of the Junior Committee and to obtain approval, when necessary, to proceed with planned agendas.
º Chairmanship of the Junior Committee will be for two years.
Chairman : Prof. Takeshi Fukuda, Department of Radiology, The Jikei University School of Medicine, Japan.