Aim: To promote the education and training of musculoskeletal imaging to AMS members with a view to optimizing the quality of musculoskeletal imaging across the Asian region.
Activities of the Education & Training Committee may involve the following:
1. The organization, supervision, and coordination of educational courses, webinars, workshops related to musculoskeletal imaging under the auspices of the AMS within the Asian region.
2. The established of AMS led training course in different aspects of musculoskeletal imaging (such as radiography, MRI, CT, ultrasound, nuclear medicine, and interventional radiology)
3. Provide guidance, where necessary, on the establishment of appropriate national musculoskeletal imaging training guidelines around the Asian region.
4. To represent and liaise with other international or national societies on AMS issues related to education and training.
5. Provide guidance, where necessary, on the establishment of appropriate national musculoskeletal imaging training guidelines around the Asian region.
6. Liaising with companies and other funding bodies to provide sponsorship for educational and training endeavors.
7. Helping to facilitate the training placement of AMS members within the Asian region for short- or longer-term musculoskeletal imaging fellowships.
8. Potentially organizing AMS-sponsored Regional Outreach Programs within the AMS region.
In line with other AMS committees:
º The Education & Training Committee will comprise 4-5 members with no more than two members from any single country.
º The Chairman of the Committee will be responsible for overseeing the work of the Committee as well as inviting members to join the Committee.
º The Committee will report to the AMS Executive Committee each year for the work of the Education and Training Committee and to obtain approval, when necessary, to proceed with planned agendas.
º Chairmanship of the Education & Training Committee will be for two years.